Serving at Christway Church is not an obligation, but a way to thrive using the gifts God has given us.
At Christway Church we serve for five main reasons: Jesus did it (Mark 10:43-45), to worship (Romans 12:1), to keep focused (Isaiah 26:3), to keep grounded (Philippians 2:3-4), and to show love (1 Corinthians 13:1-3).
Ephesians 2:10 and 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 teaches us that we have all been given a unique SHAPE to be used for God's glory:
- S- Spiritual Gifts: We all have spiritual gifts that God has given us to be used for His purpose.
- H- Heart: Interest or people you love.
- A- Abilities: Things you do well.
- P- Personality: God wants to use who you are.
- E- Experience: God can use what you have gone through to help others going through the same thing.
Serving is not reserved for those who only know how to preach, teach, and/or sing. Anyone who has been given a unique SHAPE can be used by God.